- copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our content on the App or use any of our intellectual property rights in any way not clearly permitted by us
- remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the App.
- use our App in an illegal way, or damage or disrupt our App
- use the App while driving.
Changes we can make to these terms
The App will evolve over time as we continue to improve our service. We may change these terms from time to time. The changes will take effect when we publish them on the Roady website. By continuing to use the App, you’ll be taken to have accepted the latest version of these terms, and it’s up to you to check for any changes.
Changes we can make to the App
Roady may change the format and content of the App at any time. Roady may also suspend the operation of the App for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content, or for any other reason.
You are responsible for keeping your password for the App secure and secret.
The password you select should be atleast 8 characters long and not relate to any readily accessible data such as your name, birth date, address and telephone number, driver's licence or passport. Neither should it be an obvious combination of letters and numbers such as sequential or the same numbers. If you believe an unauthorised person knows your password, you must change your password as soon as possible.
Intellectual property rights
The App contains material which is protected by intellectual property rights. All intellectual property rights in the App are either owned by us or are used by us under licence.
Links to third-party websites
The App may include links to external websites. We do not assume any responsibility for the content of those links.
User Generated Content
By submitting content to Roady, you agree that:
- You are at least 18 years of age or if you are under 18 years of age, you have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to grant authorisation for us to feature your content.
- The content is your own creation and you own or control all rights.
- The content does not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties – including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity/privacy, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations.
- You have appropriate permission, rights, licences, clearances and consent from any person(s) or other third-party appearing in the content.
- You are the parent/guardian with legal responsibility of any minors under 18 years of age depicted in the content.
- The content does not contain any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to moderate or remove any user generated content submitted, for any reason at any time. Roady has a process to moderate all content submitted to the app. It also reserves the right to hide or delete profiles as it sees fit.
Any user generated content which may be deemed libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful, or offensive or otherwise unlawful (including content depicting illegal activities) is not allowed on the App. If you come across any such content, please report the user through the ‘Report User’ function on their profile.
You agree to grant us an unlimited, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual right and licence to reproduce, edit, publish, broadcast, distribute and otherwise use your content in connection with advertising, publicity, promotional and marketing activities related to Roady. This includes but is not limited to, sharing and publishing your content on social media pages, websites, newsletters, blogs, emails, mailers, signage, news media and other printed and online advertising.
You acknowledge that our use of your Content is without compensation or payment, use of content is at our sole discretion, we have no obligation to use or feature your content and use of content does not imply endorsement or affiliation with you.
You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold Roady harmless from any liability related in any way to the use of your content.
You may request that we remove your content, and in such an event please email firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise you are able to delete your content through the App itself.
The Leaderboard on the App based on the number of experiences ticked off on the app.
Through Roady's moderation, if a user is found to have uploaded images that Roady determines as not being from the location that the user is ticking off, the account will be hidden from the leaderboard and from the travellers photos section.
Once the incorrect images are rectified, you can request to unhide your account by emailing email@example.com.
Please report any users that you believe have unfairly climbed the leaderboard through incorrect or invalid images using the “Report User’ function on their profile.
We may suspend or terminate your access to the App
We may terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the App at any time, for any reason, and without giving you notice. We do not need to give you a reason for any termination or suspension.
Roady tries to ensure that all information provided in the App is correct but does not guarantee its accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on such information or advice, or for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party as a result of you or a third party taking this action.
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage (direct or otherwise) you or any third party suffer in connection with the use of the App or the use of, or reliance on, content contained in or accessed through the App. To the extent permitted by law, we also exclude any condition or warranty that could be implied into these terms.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any failure or delay in performance of our obligations under these terms arising out of any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
Like any online service, we cannot guarantee that the App will be uninterrupted or error-free. It is up to you to take any precautions necessary to ensure you do not incur losses or costs if the App is affected by an interruption or error.
We make no representations and give no warranties that the App will be:
- capable of running on your iPhone, iPad, Android device, or other computer equipment and software
- free from technical glitches, computer viruses, worms, software bombs, Trojan horses or similar items
To the extent permitted by law, Roady will not be liable for loss, corruption of, or damage to data, or viruses or similar items that may infect your device, or other computer equipment and software due to your use of the App.
These terms are governed by the laws of Aotearoa New Zealand.