Accommodation

We have a large range of accommodation options to suit your budget and preferences.

Our options include: Hotel, Motel, Hostel, Private Homes, Glamping, Luxury Stays.

We hand-select the best accommodation for your Roady on the criteria of: great location, friendly and helpful staff, atmosphere, cleanliness of rooms and facilities, the comfort of beds, and unique character.

Activities

No. Instead of including a bunch of activities which may not be of interest to you – Roady leaves it to you to choose any paid activities you want to include. When you book a Roady you will receive a Travel Guide Itinerary which provides information on the best paid activities in each destination.

We also offer a free activity booking service, so once you have received your Travel Guide Itinerary you can let us know any activities you would like to include so that we can book them in for you.

Our Travel Guide Itineraries cover everything you need to know to have a great time on your NZ Roady.

They include:

– Best paid attractions (we also offer a free activity booking service)
– Best free attractions, including hidden gems carefully picked by Kiwi locals
– Unique local experiences
– Best places to eat, drink & party
– Best walks, waterfalls and other gems in our great outdoors
– Driving and route information

Car & Driving

We partner with the very best rental car company in New Zealand, Go Rentals who have Hatchback, Sedan, SUV and Van options to suit the size of your group. We are also able to provide a bus option for larger groups.

All drivers must be 21 years of age or older and hold a full driver’s licence printed in English, which must be presented to Go-Rentals at time of pick up.

Yes. Car hire includes the all-inclusive insurance package with no bond or excess required. This includes a GPS navigation system plus other features if required such as snow chains for the winter months and child car seat.

Reservation

Booking & Payment

1.1   To secure a booking a non refundable deposit of 20% of the total tour price is required. The remaining 80% payment for all group members is required 30 days or more in advance.

1.2       To secure a booking with less than 30 days notice, please email us to check availability.

1.3       All prices are quoted in New Zealand Dollars and include local Goods and Services Tax of 15%.

Cancellation

2.1   – Once initial 20% deposit is made = 80% refund (20% admin fee)

            – 14 to 7 days notice = 50% refund

            – 6 days or less notice = no refund

 

Yes, of course. We can invoice separately depending on your preferences.

Trip Details

Self-drive: All of our Self-drive tours include car hire, accommodation, travel guide itinerary, full activity booking service, free Skype consultation and assistance on tour.

Group Tours: Inclusions are different depending on the particular tour. Please read the tour description for inclusions.

Our tours are named after classic rugby terminology. Rugby, of course, is part and parcel of New Zealand’s heritage.

Self-drive: No. However, your car will need a driver. As long as your group has one person who is 21 years or older and who holds a Full Drivers Licence printed in English the tour can go ahead.

Group Tours: Our group tours are for people ages 20 – 35. If you fall slightly outside this age bracket but are still keen to come along, speak to us and we may be able to make an exception for you.

Group sizes of 1 – 40 people

Car: 1 – 5

Van: 10 – 18

Bus: 20 – 40

Solo travellers are perfectly suited for our group tours.

For our self-drive tours, feel free to join our Facebook Community to link up with like-minded travellers from all over the world. Get a group of people together and book your unforgettable Kiwi Roady today!